Williams

>Plus, it seems to me that there would not be enough
>basketballs to go around for he and Walker.  I think
>Williams was going to go, regardless of what was
>received for him.

I agree that it was probably a good idea to trade Williams.  I'm really not
sad to see him go.  But, we *GAVE* him away for 2nd round draft picks
simply to free up some salary cap room.  That's just silly.

There was plenty of interest in Williams around the league -- he's a
talented, young player.  We could have gotten a lot more for him.  Or, at
the very least, refused to trade him unless a team took some of our dead
weight with him.  That is, Pitino could have said that Eric goes no where
unless Dee goes with him.

Anyway, this is one of the few things that I think Pitino has done wrong so
far (although the Scottie Pippen thing still has me scratching my head).  I
really can't complain too much about his GM-ing, but I don't see how the
Eric Williams situation can be seen as anything other than a big mistake.

--Brian