Bigger messups

I agree with you that the signing of those overblown biddy league players was probably our biggest mistake, but I have always felt that in the 80's our GM (I don't remember who?) made a huge mistake by reacting to the loss of Len Bias by trading Ainge. But then again I always loved Ainge's scrappy nature and would have loved to see him retire with us... but that's just me.

Scrod

Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 09:09:09 -0800
From: "Greg Odegaard" <gmodegaa@longvred.rmc.com>
Subject: Re: trade

I agree totally with this well thought out analysis.  Trades or moves of
any type probably won't or definately shouldn't happen until the
off-season, unless we can get a used team bus in trade for Brown or Minor.
I unfortunately see Tri-Captain Brown being around until his contract
expires.  Are there any ways under the complicated cap rules to dump a
player without eating it both in real and cap dollars?, without wrapping
him up and shipping him to Greece?

I personally think the signing of these 2 bloaks to long term deals is the
greatest mistakes made by this storied franchise in easily the last 10
years and maybe longer.  What bigger mistake has the Celtics brain trust
made (Michael Smith?) since the championship years or ever?

Later,
Greg