Re: Williams

I liked Eric Williams and we did not get enough for him BUT he would not have
fit on this team. Even if he would have been able to play Pitino's frantic
style, the basic problem with Eric was that he had a PF's game in a SF's body.
Since our best player already falls into that catagory we could not have both
of them making big dollars but leaving us with a void in the PF position.
Antoine is still young enough to grow into a PF, but even if he did Eric
didn't have the mid range jumper to be a SF. What Eric did bring to the table
was the ability to draw fouls (and make a decent pct of his FT) - something
our other forwards don't do enough.

Maybe we'll find a 6'4" PG somewhere and move Billups to SG and Mercer to SF.
If we had a legit center that lineup could work.

George