RE: Trades

I agree we probably aren't going to get much in the 10-16 range unless we
really took a nose dive and end up in the late lottery, but still it is not
going to be a deep draft with no real inside forces.  So if we can get a
McDyess I would make the move. The only player I can see that would really
help us is Mike Bibby , maybe a Michael Doleac or Jelani McCoy.  Lafrentz,
Jamison, Carter, Koul, aren't the players we need, they don't really fill
our hole at the point or in the middle so a trade seems to be the best
vehicle.

I guess it really depends on of Phoenix will attempt to resign him or go
after Austin.

Although he can be a whiner the best bet may be Olden Polynice.  He is
actually a decent player when he wants to play.  I don't know with him
being a FA and their possibility of clearing up $8m with Polynice,
 Williamson & Rauf if they would want anyone the Celtics have to offer.

Matt Geiger would be another possibility, but Divac just when down for
maybe 2 months so who knows what will happen.  Ellison  for Geiger ?

Denver's going to be making some management changes with Bristow out &
Mitch Kupchak likely to replace him.  Anyone interested in Battie ?  He has
struggled this year though similar to Chauncy.

n Monday, January 19, 1998 6:29 PM, Shailendra K. Mishra