Re: Trades

-----Original Message-----
From: John Lyell <Jlyell@concentric.net>
>Anyone think we can get Smith  & Spencer for Mccarty or Knight & Brown ?
> GS has Foyle, Fuller, Spencer , Dampier, and need guard help.

We can't get Smith without giving a 1 or 2 1st round draft pick. In addition
Golden State is trying to create cap room so they won't take Brown and with
Donyell playing so well, they have no use for McCarthy.

>Does Smith really fit in our system ?  His stock has dropped so he might be
>affordable.  Could he be moved elsewhere in a 3 way ?

I think Joe Smith fits our system to a tee. He can play SF or  PF, is very
quick, has a great elevation and a nice offensive game. With Smith in our
lineup opposing teams won't be able to guard Walker with small forwards.

>I would like to get Wallace out of Toronto.  He has an attitude but him and
>Antoine would be a nice scoring tandem.  Was it Kentucky that he had the
>impressive game in the championship against ?  I can't remember.

I like Wallace too but I don't see Raptors trading him for anything less
than a player + 1st round pick  because the Raptors have already given their
pick in that trade. I haven't watched Wallace play lately but I would put
Smith ahead of Wallace, though not by much.
                                                                - Mishra