Knight and Brown

>Speaking of unmotivated basketball players, whatever has become of the
>allegedly
>hard-woking, huge upside-possessing Travis Knight?

I've been wondering the same thing about Knight. I read in the Globe that
he IS having a hard time adjusting (his admission). He said that he has had
to learn a new position and a new system. He said that sometimes he has
good nights and sometimes bad nights. Pitino even said the following:
"Travis' upside is not going to happen this year and I didn't expect it to.
I thought we would get a body for this year, try to bulk him up over the
summer, and come back with higher expectations for him next year."  I
personally don't like the look in Travis' eyes when he plays. It looks like
he gets frustrated, knows he's supposed to be doing better, gets mad at
himself, but then says, "I give up...I'm not good enough and I never will
be...it's not my fault that you paid me this money." (or thoughts to that
effect.)

Dee Brown: To me, the biggest moment of that day will be seeing [Robert
Parish's] number retired.
When he was here, he was like a father figure to me.''

Have you ever seen the commercial where the father confronts the son about
smoking pot and asks him where he learned it and the kid replies..."you, I
learned it from watching you!"

SCARY.

tjoyce@mit.edu