Re: mean people who pick on Chauncey

jtoney@erols.com wrote:

 KK wrote:

> Here I must rejoin the bandwagon and ask this: what's wrong with going to the
> gym by yourself and launching 300-400 shots? Is it because you're not being paid
> overtime? Are these people too stupid to realize that, if they become .500
> instead of  remaining .375 shooters, they'll make so much more money in the long
> term? This applies not just to Billups but to all his teammates who think that
> improving themselves should only be done on "company time".

You have stumbled over one of the points I have been trying to make for
years.  Why would these players care about winning and improving their>
skills when they become millionaires as soon as they get into the
league.  Why try to improve when you can make 10 million + per year
like Walker is going to get) for shooting 42%.  Players are now being
paid MILLIONS on potential.  Look at the league and ask yourself how
many of these players are really worth what they are making and you will
see why this league is doomed financially.
By the way, we will see what kind of "team players" we have when it
comes time for the contracts to be signed.  I also love it when people
on this list say "the rebuilding process will take 5 years."
HAHAHAHAHAA!!!  You sound like a Clippers/Kings fan + noone that is
"developing" on our team will be on our roster in 5 years.

Estimates of salaries:
Walker 10-20 million a year
Mercer 7-15 million a year
Knight already 3 million a year

hmmm doesn't leave much for the others does it.  Oh well we shall see
how all of this pans out.