Mccarty

Sampath, Venkatesh wrote:

Walter McCarty is a bundle of energy - there was one play against the
Lakers when he was down on the floor at the defensive end, absolutely
surrounded by Laker players. I am thinking - Oh God, not now - and Cousy is
groaning away in the background, when I see the ball actually leave the
swarm and go towards a Celtic player! Unbelievable - the guy is on
the ground with 3 Lakers surrounding him, and he still gets the ball to his
team-mate!! There was also that 3-pointer from the corner with the
shot-clock running down and the Celts barely hanging on to their lead inthe
fourth quarter. Take him over Eric (sorry, I'm out for the season) Williams
any day.

Walter's work ethic, along with Bruce Bowen,  are about the best you could
ask for. My only concern with McCarty is he has been getting scorched on
the defensive end much to often. He made Rick Fox look like all-star,
Ceballos scored on him with ease,  and the Big Dog eat him up.  It doesn't
help a lot to score 15 when you are giving up 25.  The 76ers have learned
that the last couple of years. Sometimes it seems while he is busy hustling
around he is often out of defensive position giving teams with good passing
easy baskets.