Re: Observations

>...someone who can give them good passes leading them to
>the basket, or even a good entry pass in the low post (the amount of
>work Walker has to do to get open enough for a Celtic guad to get him
>the ball is unreal - he needs serious help from a good passer so that
>they can punish the defender for over playing him.)....

Great post. I absolutely agree with the amount of energy Walker expends
getting open. To be frank, the amount of energy he expends at both ends of
the court, and the pounding he takes underneath, 39-40 minutes a game is
pretty startling.

>I like what the team is doing, but I'm worried by the
>recent lack of improvement.  They seem to have hit a developmental wall,
>and I'm worried about whether or not they'll get around it this year.
>Is it all just a strange learning curve, or have they maxed out on the
>current ability of the players, and now the slow teaching of new things
>begins?

I'm afraid I have to believe it's the old blood from a stone problem. The
talent's just not there. It's time again for Pitino to earn that portion of
his millions devoted to talent acquisition. This team is in desperate need
of some help. They've worked hard, done everything asked of them, exceeded
expectations...yes? But they're also young...the year drags on...rookies
hit walls...on most nights their starting line-up is overmatched at, at
least, three positions (that's being kind)...losing spirals out of
control....it could quickly become ugly. Take your pick, point guard or
inside help, but Pitino has to help these guys out. I know talent
acquisition is a two way / two team street, but that's why Pitino got the
huge dollars.

Paul M