Re: Good news for the soaring celts.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Lyell <Jlyell@concentric.net>

>With the exception of Barry, I would expect all these guys to want
>contracts in the $7M+ a year range based on recent contracts of similar
>players.  I don't know if they are worth it or the risk moving a good
>player or draft picks to get them and then losing them to FA.  Iverson,
>Stoudamire and Barry are the only ones I believe fill some holes for us.

Both Joe Smith and McDyess are worth the contract and will really help the
Celts. The Warriors would be glad to give Smith that kind of contract, but
he doesn't want to stay.

>I'd give Pat Billups in a package for Iverson.

That is one thing I won't do. Iverson is talented but there is something in
him that is not right.

>Didn't we get 2 second rounders from Denver for E.W ?  I would offer them
>and maybe Edney for Barry.   Barry has great size,  6'6 I believe, athletic
>ability, and can play the point.

The 2 second rounders were given back to New York. Besides Barry can't play
the point, the Clippers tried to do that and he was most unhappy <was in
Bill Fitch's dog house too>. We don't need another SG, I like the current
combo of Bowen + Mercer.
                                                                      -
Mishra