Re: Antoine's $$$

> From cecil@hfx.andara.com Tue Feb 24 08:08:07 1998

> From: damekmo@teleport.com <damekmo@teleport.com>
> To: celtics@igtc.COM <celtics@igtc.COM>

> >The difference between Wallace and
> >Walker is that Wallace can afford to disappear in entire games, essentially
> >take nights off, and the team isn't going to get destroyed.
>
> Isn't that why we traded Billups?  So there would be more quality teammates
> which would alleviate all the pressure from Toine's shoulders.
>
> >His potential is greater. His market value
> >is higher. You pay on his talents, and hope for the rest. How much $$$ do
> >you think that "ball hog" Kobe Bryant's going to get? He'll get tons, and
> >he deserves every cent.
>

> As for the "ball hog", Kobe Bryant, he averages 12.8 shots/gm and averages
> 17.5 pts.  Toine averages 20.8 shot/gm to average 21.7 pts.  Who hogs the
> ball?
>
> Cecil

Don't be so 1 dimensional in comparison, why are you forgetting Walker's 4
assists to Kobe's 2.5, Walker's 10.5 rebounds to Kobe's 3.3, Walker's 97 steals
to Kobes 54 and Walker's 43 blocks to Kobe's 19. In addition Shaq draws the
double team, so others like Kobe have the space to drive or play one on one
ball. The Bullets tried to play Walker without a double team and he had almost
49 points on them. - MIshra