Re: Antoine's $$$

-----Original Message-----
From: damekmo@teleport.com <damekmo@teleport.com>
To: celtics@igtc.COM <celtics@igtc.COM>
Date: Tuesday, February 24, 1998 10:51 AM
Subject: Re: Antoine's $$$

>The difference between Wallace and
>Walker is that Wallace can afford to disappear in entire games, essentially
>take nights off, and the team isn't going to get destroyed.

Isn't that why we traded Billups?  So there would be more quality teammates
which would alleviate all the pressure from Toine's shoulders.

>His potential is greater. His market value
>is higher. You pay on his talents, and hope for the rest. How much $$$ do
>you think that "ball hog" Kobe Bryant's going to get? He'll get tons, and
>he deserves every cent.

I agree about Toine's potential, but don't you think that, right now, his
team leadership is rather suspect?  If I am a GM, when contract time
surfaces, I'd be sure to raise his whopping 21/gm shot attempts to get his
points and that his fg% is terribly low in comparison to all the other top
forwards in the game.

As for the "ball hog", Kobe Bryant, he averages 12.8 shots/gm and averages
17.5 pts.  Toine averages 20.8 shot/gm to average 21.7 pts.  Who hogs the
ball?

Cecil