Re: Antoine's $$$

I was being one dimensional because the comment revolved around Bryant being
called a ball hog.  Can you honestly say that anyone owns a piece of the
rock more than Toine?  It was very annoying to watch him pushing the ball in
a 3 on 2 situation with Anderson on the left wing and Mercer on the right,
ending with him making a feeble attempt at a layup instead of giving it up
to an open teammate.  Sabonis rebounded, outlet pass, layup.

The statement has nothing to do with who has the more capable teammates, but
who hogs the ball.

I think we should expect better rebounding stats out of Toine and assists,
since I consider him one of the best passing forwards in the game.  But his
field goal percentage is abysmal and his free throw percentage makes him a
candidate to be fouled in the latter stages of any close game.  Who would
you rather have on the line in the last minute of a close contest, Toine or
Kobe?

As far as fairness in stats comparison, you forgot that Bryant shoots .452
fg% to Toine's .399, .361% to Toine's .281% on 3 ptrs and .789% to Toine's
.659 in ft%.

The most telling fact of all is he's made 1146 fga's and converted 457.
Heck, Chris Webber has made 404 fg's in only 826 attempts and I used to
think he was a ball hog.

Cecil