Walker, etc.

    Reading the posts about Walker's sudden slump made me listen clsoely to
something an announcer said during last night's Clipper-Sonics game about Nate
McMillan as he dove to the floor late in the game:  "When they start out, they
play for love of the game; then they play for the money; then again for the
love of the game."
     Walker is 21 or 22.  He has been treated like a king for a long time.
Maybe this is all getting to him.  Maybe he needs maturity.  His skills are
certainly there.  Let's hope that he maintains them until he can play again
for love of the game.
    I keep thinking of Charles Barkley in this context.  He has made millions
and millions of dollars, but don't you think he'd play for league minimum if
it meant getting that ring?  Antoine will get to that stage.  Don't give up on
him.
   Finally, I guess that 3-5 for an eight-game trip isn't THAT bad for a
sub-500 team.  Oh well, on to a nice home stand.