Re: KENNY ANDERSON

Jim McMaster said:
> , but Kenny Anderson is overpaid poison...kind of like Dee
> Brown with at bad attitude.
>
> And the Celtics do *NOT* get "all of dee's money to spend on a center."  His
> $3.5 million until 2000 is replaced by Anderson's $5+ million until 2003.
> The team has *LESS* money to spend now.
>
> I rarely make predictions, but I think in 2-3 years we will all be cursing
> this trade as much as Bagwell-Andersen.  Despite the opinion you and others
> formed after five games, Billups is going to be an excellent player in the NBA

  The math doesn't work either of those ways.  The salaries have to come
close to matching up.  Billups was making about $2.4mill, Thomas around
$780,000, and I don't know what Rogers was getting.  That's about
6.7mill plus Rogers' salary.

  All in all it should add up to about the same as the salaries of the
incoming players, which should be a little over $7 million.  This is why
Pitino is saying they'll have $2.25 million in cap relief.  That's probably
equal to Tabak's and Jones' salaries.  Jones is out for the season, and
will probably just be released.  Tabak will be back in about 2 weeks, and
is a 7 foot center, exactly what the C's need, so if he plays well
enough to impress Pitino, and the C's can't sign any other big guys at
the end of the season, they may just sign him again without renouncing him.
One thing's for sure, Pitino will have him working out his legs and fitness
right away, since it's a hand injury he's out with!

  My prediction is that Kenny Anderson will be much happier in Boston,
he'll fit in with the style of play, and all that combined with Pitino's
coaching will get him back up over his CAREER average of 7.5 assists per
game, and we'll all be praising Pitino by next season for getting one of
the few true point gaurds who can play his style at only 5 mill a year,
locked up until 2003.  His career average in steals is 1.62 per game,
so we won't lose too much defensively, either.

  Now the C's have 2 Jones' (just like in the 60's!), but both of them
are on the injured list, at least one of them for the whole season, so you
don't have to worry about confusion during games.

  Also, no more having to put players with FAKE injuries on the injured
list.  The C's only have 2 extra players now, and one is out for the season.
That means they only need 1 real injury at a time amongst the other 13, and
that should be no problem.

Jon Mc