Take a Deep Breath

While I am very sorry to see Billups & Thomas go in this trade, the postings
on this list have me amazed. Seemed to me that almost everyone but Cecil
wanted Billups gone before the trade. Personally, I don't like the trade but I
don't pretend to know as much about basketball as Pitino & Wallace do and I
also don't know what else they have planned short or long term. I will wait to
judge this deal and if Anderson does an adequate job and the money from
Portland helps to keep Walker here then I won't complain even if Billups stars
with Toronto.

We still need 2 starters tho and now our closet is empty. We can get a real
center or a real forward this summer with the 2.8 million plus the expected $5
million dollar jump in the cap but not both. Hopefully we get lucky in the
draft for the other. If we go after an Austin or Stewart type then we need a
forward who can give us 15 pts a game or our offense will still suffer. Let's
hope that Pitino & Wallace have a plan.
Maybe we can use our pick this summer to package with some salary so that we
can afford to go after 2 guys. Joe Smith + Stewart would fit our needs nicely,
or if we go for a defensive forward a McDyess + Longley duo could do it. Rick
Smits anyone?

No, I'm not smoking anything!  ;)

George