Re: Celtics/Bulls matchup problems

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Jim Meninno wrote:

> OK, you got me thinking about the old Bulls vs. Celtics debate.  With
> Pippen guarding Bird and Rodman guarding McHale you can't tell me that
> Luc Longley can handle Chief.  He'd run rings around him.  Longley's
> leaden sneakers would be stuck to the floor as Parish used that spin
> move.  He'd be watching from half court as DJ or Bird hit him with full
> court passes.  He'd be fouled out by half time.  And, he wouldn't be
> much of a problem for Parish on the other end either (nor would Rodman
> be for Bird).  Leaving Chief and Bird to help defensively on the other
> two.  It really does sound like a slaughter.

Again, I completely agree with you.  Longley couldn't handle Parish, and
Pippen and Rodman would have serious trouble with McHale and Bird.  For my
money, the only player from that Bulls team that would start for that
Celtics team would be Jordan.
Plus what happens when the teams go to the bench?  Wennington vs. Walton?
No contest there, either.

  The biggest question would
> be, would Parish have to come off the bench to guard himself, thereby
> causing a rift in the fabric of space/time and the end of the universe?

One hopes that this could be avoided:)

Marc Pierce

"You're bound to get idears if you keep thinking about stuff."
        John Steinbeck