Re: ANTOINE'S CONTRACT

At 10:19 PM 4/28/98 -0400, Mike Dynon wrote:
>Dear Kim,
>You must have a lot of time on your hands lately, because you've written
>at length numerous times to share your knowledge about so many topics.

I'm not sure why it was necessary to say this, since a lot of other people
post a lot more most of the time, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt
that it was not intended as some sort of dig.

>If you want to accuse me of changing your meaning, which may have
>happened, but was unintentional, that's fine.

Which is why I'm responding. Since I publicly took you to task for changing
the intent of what I said, I'll make the apology equally public, as you say
that it was unintentional. It was such a blatant change, that I thought it
had to be intentional. It's a tactic I've had intentionally used against me
in debates before, and one I find particularly annoying. So I responded with
annoyance. Again apologies.

>  If you don't want to
>believe Pitino, although as I watched his press conference it certainly
>seemed to me he was speaking from the heart, that's fine, too.

I don't disbelieve him, I just take little of what he says at face value.
He's a very good salesman, very good at sounding sincere and obviously
conscious of the effect what he says can have. Which I'm not saying is
necessarily a bad thing, just that it makes me look at much at why he might
say something as what he actually says. That's all.

>you are undeniably WRONG about one thing.  My name is "Dynon," not
>"Dyson."  Thanks for your consideration, and have a nice day.

WHOOPS. That'll teach me to be more accurate. Sincerely sorry about that. If
you'd like to reapond in kind, Mayo is the more common name in Massachusetts
and the one people usually err with on mine. And since I hate mayonnaise to
boot, doubly annoying <g>.
<snip>

-Kim
Kim Malo