-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Joseph Byrnes <mbyrnes@leland.Stanford.EDU>

>> I don't agree with you here again. The questions about signing him have
>> do with Gaston's obvious reluctance to spend money.
>
>He wasn't reluctant to part with $50 million for a coach.  How are we as
>fans to know the difference between his comments made for public
>consumption, and his actual intentions with regard to his money.

But then tell me, who made the statement that "If any owner want's to offer
Antoine Walker 20 mill per, be my guest because I am not going to". Was that
mere posturing and if it was then it  definitely wasn't the proper forum
because owners like Jerry Reinsdorff have a history of doing just that.
                                                                   - Mishra