Re: Celtics Largest Contract ever...

At 08:15 AM 4/27/98 -0400, Eric Walsh <ewalsh@ols.net> wrote:

>Does anybody know what is the largest contract that the Celt's have ever signed
>anybody to?.......please don't get all analytical and compare yesterdays
dollars to
>1998 dollars, just tell me what the largest contract was,....I'm trying to
get as
>sense of Gaston's position on Walkers contract.

Well, my best guess would be the final Bird one, including the final year
with the balloon year option that he retired before reaching, the Montross
one because of the 10 year length, or Dino's. Just guessing.

Honestly though, it's not really relevent, because Garnett's signing, among
others, set the marketplace and changed it radically over when the Cs had a
star worth signing to a major contract. And it's different management making
the decisions for the Cs now in a fiscally different environment

-Kim.
Kim Malo
kmalo19@idt.net