Re: Walker should just leave.

Thank you Mark for your clear headed reason.  I have read many times the
posts from Dan and have responded to at least one, and one thing really
seems to stand out; his incessant negativism.  Yes many people are critics
and at one time or another we all think we could be the coach or gm, why
not dream and have fun with it, but to continually hammer people on what is
their opinion like they must have just fallen off some turnip truck,
strikes me as rude if not more.

Dan I am sure you are going come down on Mark myself and the others,
including nearly 20,000 in the arena most night, who like Antoine, want him
on our team and are genuinnly optmistic he can be the star of this team for
next 10 years.  No one here that I have read, has said they unconditionally
love his on court antics or his ability to have some problems with the refs
or freethrows or turnovers or whatever gripe you want to make.  He improved
this year, at the age of 21. To be so onesided against people who have a
founded opinion about a star player on our favorite team, brings into
question ones loyalty to this team.  To criticize blindly one who does not
agree with you, is not unlike being considered stupid yourself.  The
pro-Walker people maybe aren't as prone to think poorly of people who don't
agree with them.  This thread ran with the Pippen and McDyess discussions
as well; with one side calling the other idiots for having an opinion which
they totally have a right to.  Now if someone wants to pine for a return to
this team of Acie Earl or Todd Day, as some kind of piece of the
championship puzzle, then yes these opinions are somewhat off center, but
hey the guy may just be the president of the Acie fan club, and he has a
right to his opinion.

For the record, I again say go with the plan to blow the cap budget this
summer on one of the FA's big men to fill up the middle, draft wisely
either a big man (Tractor or Doleac to develop but not be forced to start)
or shooter (Cory Benjamin, Wells) and sign Walker to a deal that likely
will be less than it would be in a year, and considered a bargain in a
couple.  Do the same with Mercer in another year.

Walker has said publicly he wants to play longterm for the Celtics, he
exudes pride of being considered the bearer of the mantle.

Dan, one last question, if not Walker then who, and how do we get him.
Quit torchering us all with the discussion of Duncan who will be in SA a
long long time, and kidding us about Robinson who might have a couple good
years left in him at age 32 (same as Pippen).  To criticize is one thing,
do it constructively and realisticly please.

Thank you for your support,
Greg