Re: Walker should just leave.

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998 damekmo@teleport.com wrote:

> You know, you look at the Cleveland game...you watch Walker...you look at
> the other "basketball players(?)" on the Celtics...

So you're willing to bill Antoine as savior, yet everyone else is
questionable even as a basketall player?  You don't think *any* of the
other Celtics have talent?

> you read Peter May's
> article...you hear all the complaining about Walker's apparent "boorish"
> behavior, immaturity, how he's not a "real Celtic"

What boggles my mind is that there are some fans out there who aren't at
all bothered by *any* of Walker's behavior.  As long as he produces, who
cares?

> ...you think about that
> wildly talented Vin Baker during his years with the Bucks and all that
> playoff success they had,

Who is doing really well in Seattle, a city that appreciates a stable
mature player after Sean "head-case" Kemp for the past several years.

> and the way that dynamo Grant Hill has driven his
> team into the playoffs this year....

Can't argue here.  Hill isn't all he's cracked up to be.

> and you can't help but think, "Screw
> it." Screw the fans, screw the team, screw the writers, the kid should
> just leave and we can all watch him play for the Lakers or Suns, and
> Tommy Heinsohn can keep on screaming "I love Walter."

You're right.  Screw it.  God forbid we ask superdupermegastar Antoine
Walker to show a little maturity.  Hey, he's only 21, he can drink, he can
vote, he can drive a car, but why should he make any sacrifices or show
any restraint on the basketball court?  All the other players are dogmeat
anyway, let's let him get his.

Dan