Re: Walker should just leave. -Reply

At 09:04 4/15/98 , Ryan Falcone wrote:
>Dan Parker:
>
>You're right on with your assessment of Walker.  His ostentatious
>grandstanding has bothered me all year.
>
>A few weeks back,  a mini-debate arose as to whether or not Walker's
>"wiggle" was appropriate.  I was surprised to see that few list members
>disapproved of his antics;  in fact, the general consensus seemed to be
>in favor of such conduct.
>
>The thing that stood out in my mind most clearly was Walker dancing on
>the media table after a narrow Boston win.  The Celts of old wouldn't
>have put up with a peacock.  Maybe a better question to ask would be
>whether or not that type of behavior is a fitting legacy to Celtic tradition.
>
>I, for one, emphatically vote no.
I was trying to avoid this debate as it is a loser from either side. I
admit to getting a smile on my face when Toine makes a great move/shot then
proceeds to wiggle! My son and I when we do something "cool" around the
house etc. will proceed to do our own variation of the Walker Wiggle..Now
with me it is quite a sight!! On the other hand when Toine goes bananas
doing the wiggle when it is uncalled for or to the extreme such as the
Detroit game, well I must admit to wishing he would sit down! I read alot
of not in "Celtic Tradition" on this list. Well we had better get used to
it cause the Garden is gone, Larry et al are gone, Johnny is gone and it is
the NBA of the nineties. I don't like it but it is the way of things now.
Just listen to Shaqs interview of a few days ago and the use of ME was
liberally plastered throughout the chat. We play in an antiseptic arena
with no soul at all. My son calls it the Enema Center which was oddly
appropriate in describing the arena and the Celtics play before this
season! I wish we could revert to the days of old and yes they can still
act better than some of the thuggy/street attitude teams of the nineties
but I won't hold my breath in substantive changes. Hell we will probably
have to endure a mascot and dance line before all is said and done.I
shudder at the thought!! Later.Mike
P.S.
Herein Arizona the Suns play the mighty Nuggets and we can view the game
for a mere $19.95 as it is one of 12 pay per view games this season!
I would love to see the buy rate for this dog!