Re: McDyess

JLyell wrote:

> I agree McDyess has big time star potential, just doesn't like Denver.
> McDyess was dominant in the NCAA tournament, and for Kentucky it was a
> freshman named Ron Mercer who led them in the final as Antoine Walker had a
> mediocre game. Ron Mercer should be the building block. he has better all
> around potential than Walker.  He is a better ball handler, shooter,
> slasher, & defender.  He is much closer to be able to provide us with a
> Scottie Pippen/Grant Hill like player than Walker.  Walker put up some good
> numbers,  I agree, but in M.L's no defense game plan it didn't help much to
> score 20 when you give up 30 as was the case about 67 times to my
> recollection.

I agree with John on the fact that McDyess has potential. But the times
I've seen him he failed to impress me with his control of the game.
There is no question as to the young man's athletic prowess but he might
be lacking some heart. A change of scenery might do him good. But just
imagine the kind of money he will be looking for come contract time.
Besides if we trade Walker for McD we would be giving away quite a bit
of offense and until we see what Mercer can do at this level I wouldn't
feel comfortable trading away the offense that AW provides us with.

One other thing is Joe Smith yet another unhappy camper will be looking
to head back east once he finishes out the season at Golden State.
Looking at the teams now if he is serious about the move he will have to
be willing to take a lower salary and hope to be compensated later. Of
course this might change if the collective bargaining agreement gets
redone this summer.

ART SILVA