Re: McDyess

Gregory Hurst wrote:

I have never witnessed Antonio McDyess having an attitude to embarrassed
himself, coach, or team.  However, he has an attitude when he is on the
basketball court to block shots, dunk balls, play unselfish, and  play
defense.  Rick Pitino would love to have Antonio on this team, because Rick
knows from first hand experience how dominating he is from playing
 against Antonio when  he was at Alabama.

I agree McDyess has big time star potential, just doesn't like Denver.
McDyess was dominant in the NCAA tournament, and for Kentucky it was a
freshman named Ron Mercer who led them in the final as Antoine Walker had a
mediocre game. Ron Mercer should be the building block. he has better all
around potential than Walker.  He is a better ball handler, shooter,
slasher, & defender.  He is much closer to be able to provide us with a
Scottie Pippen/Grant Hill like player than Walker.  Walker put up some good
numbers,  I agree, but in M.L's no defense game plan it didn't help much to
score 20 when you give up 30 as was the case about 67 times to my
recollection.

RP's job is to put together the 2-3 stars & remaining role players that can
take us to the top.  If we have to lose/move Wesley, Fox, Williams, Walker
or anyone in the process, I can live with that because we can not get much
worse.  As others have said we need to wait until next year and give Rick a
chance.

Antonio McDyess would put us on