Re: The Used Carr Curse !

>First of all, Ron Mercer is not really that good, from what I have heard.
>I haven't watched him play very much, but pretty much everybody I have
>talked to says he is a classic underachiever.  Second of all, what would
>the point be of drafting Mercer and then getting Baker or McDyess?!  That
>would leave us with three starting caliber forwards.

There is no doubting Mercer's ability. He will be at least a solid NBA
player for many years. I saw a lot of him this year, and I was very
impressed. He's a better shooter than Walker, and a better play creator
(making baskets out of nothing) .. If I had to choose between him or
Walker.. honestly, its a tossup.

Alex

Alex Caporicci
alexcap@odyssee.net