"It's the final countdown...*dute dadoo dute dute dadoodoo dute*"

	I only get the digest version so this may be old news, but two
Boston television stations just reported that Rick Pitino held a closed
door, 90 minute meeting with his players tonight.  They speculate that
he told them he is moving on.  And furthermore, Bob Lobel said he would
quit his job if Rick Pitino doesn't become our coach.  This is incredible;
we're getting the best coach available.  If Pitino is indeed coming our
way, Larry can go to Indiana with my blessing.  It is his home state
after all.  Here's my tribute to Paul Gaston (sung to the tune of
"Tomorrow" from Anne):

	*Paul Gaston. Paul Gaston.  I love you.  Paul Gaston.  You're
always a flame away.*

	Gaston has taken a lot of heat from the media and the fans since
he took over the franchise, but he is coming through now.  M.L. will move
upstairs and be rewarded for all the abuse he has taken on behalf of the
organization.  Pitino will be given final say on personal matters, which
is great because he'll have the courage to make the tough decisions (ie
letting Fox go) and hopefully the ingenuity to unload deadwood.  And now
there is real hope that we can resign Wesley.  I'm sure he would have
ended up in Charlotte had things not panned out.

	And with a new, great coach and a revamping of the team (plus all
the players we'll get back from injury), I don't think it is unlikely that
the C's could make the playoffs next year.  Forget the fact that we only
won 15 games.  Add Duncan, a #6 pick, a solid veteran via trade, and one
of the best coaches in the business and this team can perfrom completely
independantly of last year's team.

	One last thing in defense of the former season ticket holder.  The
fact that he doesn't renew his season tickets doesn't make him a fair
weather fan.  We're talking about his entertainment dollar and his
decision on how to spend it.  He has every right to say, "With what the
Celtics organization is putting out on the floor, I don't feel it's worth
it to commit myself to every game."  You may disagree with his assessment,
but that doesn't make him a fair weather fan.  If he stopped watching the
games, stopped wearing his C's jacket, and stopped defending the C's from
criticism by other team's fans because they aren't as good as they used
to be, that would make him a fair weather fan.

Jeremy