Re: "It's the final countdown...*dute dadoo dute dute dadoodoo dute*"

Jeremy wrote:

>         I only get the digest version so this may be old news, but two
> Boston television stations just reported that Rick Pitino held a closed
> door, 90 minute meeting with his players tonight.  They speculate that
> he told them he is moving on.  And furthermore, Bob Lobel said he would
> quit his job if Rick Pitino doesn't become our coach.  This is incredible;
> we're getting the best coach available.  If Pitino is indeed coming our
> way, Larry can go to Indiana with my blessing.  It is his home state
> after all.  Here's my tribute to Paul Gaston (sung to the tune of
> "Tomorrow" from Anne):
>
>         *Paul Gaston. Paul Gaston.  I love you.  Paul Gaston.  You're
> always a flame away.*
>
>         Gaston has taken a lot of heat from the media and the fans since
> he took over the franchise, but he is coming through now.  M.L. will move
> upstairs and be rewarded for all the abuse he has taken on behalf of the
> organization.  Pitino will be given final say on personal matters, which
> is great because he'll have the courage to make the tough decisions (ie
> letting Fox go) and hopefully the ingenuity to unload deadwood.  And now
> there is real hope that we can resign Wesley.  I'm sure he would have
> ended up in Charlotte had things not panned out.
>
>         And with a new, great coach and a revamping of the team (plus all
> the players we'll get back from injury), I don't think it is unlikely that
> the C's could make the playoffs next year.  Forget the fact that we only
> won 15 games.  Add Duncan, a #6 pick, a solid veteran via trade, and one
> of the best coaches in the business and this team can perfrom completely
> independantly of last year's team.
>
>         One last thing in defense of the former season ticket holder.  The
> fact that he doesn't renew his season tickets doesn't make him a fair
> weather fan.  We're talking about his entertainment dollar and his
> decision on how to spend it.  He has every right to say, "With what the
> Celtics organization is putting out on the floor, I don't feel it's worth
> it to commit myself to every game."  You may disagree with his assessment,
> but that doesn't make him a fair weather fan.  If he stopped watching the
> games, stopped wearing his C's jacket, and stopped defending the C's from
> criticism by other team's fans because they aren't as good as they used
> to be, that would make him a fair weather fan.
>
> Jeremy

Down here at the University of South Carolina, we see Pitino going
anywhere is probably good for us.  I only hope that it is good for the
Celtics too.  Figure this will happen.  Poor DJ, screwed again.  I
figure he will go to Indiana with Bird and take over there when Larry
gets fired in about 3 years or less because he can't take the players
being whiners and not working as hard as he did.  He still has too much
fire to coach.
- --
Bentz
bocelts@scsn.net