Re: TRADES/ML

I have no arguement that ML did a fine job in getting this years picks. The
Montross trade will go down as his greatest move no matter who we get in the
draft just because of our Antoine pick.  As for the other pick, how hard was
it to take this group of players to the bottom.  We didnt exactly have any
stars on the team.  Any coach could have lead us to the top of the lottery.
 Im not so sure how much of this ML planned.  Im sure he was aiming to get
Duncan in the next years draft but did he plan all of these injuries and
buzzer shots hit by the other teams.  ML did keep players back who were
injured but he had no idea that they would get hurt.  None of these players
were out for three months with the flu or on the suspended list with weight
problems. They all had serious injuries.  I dont recall ML dropping the table
on Pervis' foot.
	I agree that ML did not take steps to make the team better but that was the
logical thing to do.  He has done a good job in the draft but on the other
hand a horrible job in free agency.  Maybe he would serve better in Bird's
current position then the director of player personel.  Pitino may not be
that person but it would be helpful to get someone with experience instead of
someone who names themself head coach.  When he said he would coach until
someone better came along he should have just named DJ then and there instead
of ever attempting to coach.  He cant trade or waive the entire team.  Dino
and Dana are too expensive to be traded and all the others are just useless.
 The only players worth anything are those we want to keep not trade.  All
former celtic coaches had players to ork with.  Nothing was ever expected of
ML and thats not the way a coach should be.  Those coaches werent named coach
by themselves.
Coaching Mastermind? NO
Great predictor? Unlikely
Nice guy and decent player skills? sure but that does not qualify you for a
job in the NBA.  ML did not predict this season.  He was trying to win for a
while until it became unrealistic.

JAY