Re: TRADES, COACHES

Dorine Pratt wrote:

>the media is saying
>it's a "done deal" and will be announced early this week that Pitino is
>coming to Boston and Larry is going to Indiana.  Where they get this
>information is a mystery to me, since nothing has been announced, but
>that's what they're saying.

The deal is probably already done, barring the announcement.  It would
be hard for any one to refuse an $8 million deal where you have an input
to personnel as well as head coaching duties.  I would not be surprised
to see Pitino gain both coaching and GM duties.  In addition, this
fabulous deal is with the most storied franchise in sports history!

 >Nobody's angry with McHale for going back
>to his home state when he retired, so why be angry that Larry might do
>the same thing?  I'd like to see Larry coach the Celts, and would >prefer him to Pitino, even with the questions about how good he'd be.

It's hard to think about Larry Legend being with any other team.  My
immediate response is to side with our knight in shining armor.  What we
need to remember, however, is that Indiana is probably best for Larry
and his family.  Rick Pitino Is probably best for the C's.  I (and I'm
sure most of you) will miss Bird.  We must move on, however.  Pitino is
the best candidate to restore the word dynasty to the C's.