Re: TRADES, COACHES

> If you go to the Globe online you can see that the media is saying
> it's a "done deal" and will be announced early this week that Pitino is
> coming to Boston and Larry is going to Indiana.  Where they get this
> information is a mystery to me, since nothing has been announced, but
> that's what they're saying.

Globe has had Michael Holley shadowing Pitino back in Kentucky and he was
there during the derby. By the way, I know this because ESPN radio reported
this in their coverage of the derby including Michael Holley's name.

> Nobody's angry with McHale for going back to his home state when he
retired, so why be angry that Larry might do
> the same thing?  I'd like to see Larry coach the Celts, and would prefer
him to Pitino, even with the questions about > how good he'd be.  However,
I'd prefer either of them to Brown.  I hate seeing such a legendary
franchise come > down to this.  It's a disgrace.

You bring a good point, but when Mchale left for Minnesota people
understood because we still had Larry Bird. I personally am not angry with
Bird, but look what is happening to the proud Boston franchises. It was
difficult enough to see Roger sign  with the Blue Jay's, and now with Bird
almost gone, it's difficult to picture the Celtics in the same way. I don't
know why Bird unequivocally said that he doesn't want the Celtics head
coaching job? Is he afraid of the high expectations or that he won't be
given a free reign because that's very unlike Bird. I will be delighted, if
Pitino accepts  the offer, but it will be really special, if Larry Bird
were to be announced as the head coach of the Boston Celtics and given part
ownership of the franchise.
                                                                - Mishra