Re: ML has to go campaign

I suspect that the plan may have called for giving Bird a front office
position, but that what with their pursuit of Pitino, the Celtics aren't up
for a bidding war with the Indiana Pacers.  If they are trying to pay
millions for Pitino, I doubt they will give millions and a piece of the team
to Bird too.  And Larry, for all his loyalty, loves money even more than the
next guy.  I think Donnie Walsh may have just ensured ML Carr a job for next
year -- unless Pitino wants GM control, which is unwise.  Maybe you hire a GM
to help him, or keep ML.  That may sound ridiculous, but ML did say
"management picks the coach, not the other way around."  He probably was
assured by Gaston that his ouster wasn't part of the deal with Pitino.  Or
maybe it is.