Walker/Pitino

Antoine Walker had flatly denied having a problem with Pitino in today's
Globe. Let's stop ripping Walker (our best player) ok?  What if he had had
a crappy year on a crappy team? Don't fault him for having a good rookie
season. I've never heard him say that he's happy with losing.  I did hear
him say that he's tried to get better throughout the year (and he did) and
he hopes that the Celtics will bring in guys who want to win.

Now given the year the Celtics had AND assuming that Walker is as
self-absorbed as some are indicating, don't you think this kid would be
screaming to be traded or screaming that management didn't do their jobs?
We hear it all the time in Red Sox country.

This kid can only control one thing...himself.  And I for one think he did
a great job in his rookie season under horrendous circumstances.  He took
it with a grain of salt and didn't hit the rookie wall.  That should be a
plus in his favor, not a negative.

Look at it this way...it's the first year of his first job at a bad
company.  Most of us would have quit or shut down.  Admit it.

TJL

Theresa Lee
Alumni Officer III, Student and Parent Programs
Association of Alumni and Alumnae of MIT
10-140, 77 Mass Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02139
ph: 617-253-8280
tjoyce@mit.edu