ML has to go campaign

So what if he's nice?  So what if he's loyal? Come on.  We all have people
like that whom we work with and whom everyone likes, but everyone agrees is
ineffective. I'm very tired of hearing ML say the following:

"Where was everyone else when things were bad? I only saw two guys."
- - what a martyr! The reason that there are only two guys is that one owns
the team and the other has every title known to man.  Of course there were
only two.  And if ML was trying to take a stab at Bird, why?  Spite?  I
thought he didn't have it in him? Wasn't that statement also negating
everyone else like Volk and Red?  The players?

"That was the plan all along."
As if! As if there was a plan. If there WAS a plan (and I really doubt
there was) was the plan to only win 15 games and keep injured players from
returning? If so, then I am even more cynical about what's going on with
this team.  If the plan was for ML to coach this team until it bottomed out
to capture the number 1 spot in the lottery, then there wasn't a plan
because that is NOT a plan.

Nope, I'm mad as hell with the jerking around that is going on.  We're
fans.  We pay the cash. Look what happened to baseball when they forgot the
fans.

Now didn't Pitino say that he wasn't interested in Boston unless Larry was
there?  What happened to that?  Or should I file that with the statement
where he said that he was NOT LEAVING KENTUCKY?

My guess is that not even ML or Gaston know what's really going to happen
(thus, there really isn't a plan) and that accounts for the fumbling in the
media (I guess they have ML covering the media relations job as well). They
are working with many factors (why can't they just say that?) and time
alone will tell the outcome of this sad tale.

Will Pitino bite?  With or without Bird? Will Larry fly the coop because he
was ignored? Will he fly prematurely because he's pissed (and before ML can
tell him about the PLAN...what're you waiting for ML?).  Will Pitino hold
out until after the lottery?  Meanwhile all other candidates move on and we
end up with DJ as coach and ML as GM.  Ok, nice guys, but wouldn't
Bird/Pitino get you going a little more than ML/DJ ( the lettermen!)? Or
even Bird/Brown?

Geeesh! I'm frustrated.....I want to know how this story ends!

TJL

tjoyce@mit.edu