QUESTIONS, NO ANSWERS

Hi, all
I have lots of questions.  First, on what does the media base their talk
about Pitino?  He did say he was staying at Kentucky, and reportedly
told his players that.  I haven't read anything that quotes him as
saying he's reconsidering.
	Second, what about DJ?  He's a Celtic.  He was a great defensive
player. The players respect him.  He's earned a chance, I think.  I
don't understand Larry Bird overlooking him.  Also, to my knowledge, DJ
hasn't said anything.  I find that curious.  Perhaps he knows something
we don't.
	Third.  I don't understand why so many of you want to trade Eric
Williams.  He's improved all year long.  He's one of my favorites and I
not only don't think they should trade him, I don't believe they will.
	Four.  Red Auerbach is not senile.  He spends time in his office at
Celtics headquarters.  Former players drop in on him whenever they're in
town and he's there.  That's his statue in front of the Fleet Center.
This team and we fans owe him the respect due him.  He's probably the
single biggest reason the Celtics have the history they have.  Some get
upset at the mere mention that Bird might be not a perfect human being,
but Red deserves at least that much loyalty.
	Five.  Larry Brown is a slow down coach.  Do you want the Celts to be
the Cleveland Cavaliers?  After all that time learning the running game
do we want to play slow down?  I know Brown's a good coach, but I
really, really hope he doesn't coach the Celts.
	Six.  I don't understand why Bird went public, why he's feuding with
Auerbach, etc.  It doesn't seem in character for him.  I agree he could
be a great coach, but I don't think he's long on patience.  I fail to
see why he said he wouldn't coach the Celts.  Being GM requires someone
with people skills.  As I've said before, he isn't a people person.
He's very private.  He might be good at it, I wouldn't know.  I just
can't see him politicing on the phone.  And, frankly, I'm disappointed
in his actions.  That's an honest feeling.  He's among the greatest
players of all time, and as fans we appreciate and defend him. However,
I think he was wrong to do this.
	If anyone is interested, you can go to ESPN's site and listen to the
full ML Carr teleconference from yesterday.  I listened to it last
night.  He really isn't saying whether he'll be GM.  He's only saying
he'll not be the coach, and he also said they are looking at people who
have not been mentioned in the press.  I think it's worth a listen.
Takes about 1/2 hour.
	One last thing.  Up to a few months ago our server would have chastised
us for quoting so much of the previous postings because there's too much
scrolling involved.  I think it's time he did it again.
	These are only my thoughts and opinions formed while reading the
postings and also reading the media.  Sorry if I've rambled too much,
and I'll get off my soapbox now.  However, if you feel you have to
answer me, please don't quote this whole letter.  It's far too long.:)
Dorine