The future

 Is Rick Pitino  tailor made for a team like the future Celtics because
they will be young, athletic, and can shoot the three?  If he is to leave
the Wildcats the time is now.  In Kentucky`s  terms, their recruiting was
not great.  Rick`s style of coaching (pressing and shooting the tray)
did not work well in New York with older players,  whether he can make it
work in Boston is yet to be seen.

        Can Larry bring in the best crop of free agents, sleeper draft
picks, European players, or sleeper CBA talent?  Who would get the final
decision on an executive decision, Bird or Pinto?  Can Pitino teach a NBA
style defense without the traps?  With Rick`s style of play can we now
afford to rid ourselves of Barros, Day, Welsey,  or Brown?  If Mercer and
Van Horn were both available at the Celtic`s second pick,  would we get
Van Horn, Mercer, or the ex friar who we know Bird really likes?  Would
this be a happy marriage?  The Future begins May 19,1997, will we be
ready?