Possibilities

I'm all for checking out these phenoms like Jackson and McGready, but
I'm wary of trying to develop a team full of 20 year olds.  Altho' I'm not
concerned, yet, about Walker's immaturity, it does need checking by a
coach and some veterans.  I wouldn't mind a trade for a young vet--other
than J. Jackson.

I've said before that Jerry Stackhouse was the best college player I've
ever seen in person--including Iverson and Karl Malone.  But he needs to
be a part of a team.  As the whole team his freshman year he became a
little erratic; with Iverson he doesn't always look under control--who
does, on that team?  But with a slower game I think Stackhouse's all
around game would flourish.  In short, I would trade for him in a minute.
But if Philly gets a decent manager/coach, they'll never let him go.

Mid-round possibilities if we trade down with the #6 pick:  Cato (who
may not last till Cleveland's first pick), Willoughby (who should be
available until #22 or so), Crochere (we have a bunch of sf, pf types, but
he's a player), or the teen-ager of the moment.

Gene (18 days of May)