Re: Pitino's a mistake

Some comments:

- ----------
> From: JOzersky@aol.com
> To: celtics@igtc.COM
> Subject: Pitino's a mistake
> Date: Thursday, May 01, 1997 6:27 AM
>
> I've said it before, and Ill say it again.  Don't pay this guy the moon
and
> stars.

The Money issue for a coach isn't an issue.  Who gives a rats ass what
Millionaires pay other Millionaires.  It does'nt count against the salary
cap.

>Just because he is a coaching legend with kids in college doesn't
> make him a good pro coach.

The fact that he was successful at both levels makes him a good BASKETBALL
coach.  Besides he runs the closest thing to a pro game at the college
level.  Their is no reason why he won't be succesfull again.

>  I knew Antoine wouldn't want him as coach (see
> today's globe)

Well boo hoo if the Million dollar brat can't handle someone pushing him to
work harder.  If he turns to have that kind of attitude, do we really want
him?  But I do think that they can coexist.  Antoine will simply grow up.

> and you can't fire the guy when you are paying him a multi
> year multi million dollar salary.  And every coach has to be fired after
> few years, even a REAL star like Pat Riley.  The celtics are getting a
> coaching version of Dana Barros, and he will drive Antoine out of town.
Bird
> and Brown forever!

Yeah Brown,  their's some real stability.  The only way the Celtics hire
Brown, is he holds down the fort until Pitino comes in a year or two.  I'm
all for Bird as GM though.

Adam Litchy