Re: allen

Steve, besides his shooting too much, one big rap on him is that his FG%
is appallingly low. He was hovering about 40 % for the entire season. I
mean, when one is shooting above the team percentage, like Mike, Bird or
Magic, taking thirty or forty shots might not help, but shouldn't hurt but
when one is shooting below the team percentage, well, maybe taking as many
shots as he is is not that good an idea. I love the guy's athleticism and
his quickness, but his attitude really bears some changing. His team gets
blown out by 40 and there's Iverson grinning happily about his 40 pts.
Also, look at his turnovers. Iverson is going to dominate the league for a
long time to come but as of the present these criticisms are very valid.
Before he can truly be considered a good player, he must develop some
semblance of a jumpshot and start thinking team more. Really, based on
talent alone, that team should be winning almost 40 a year. Last year the
only winning they could look forward to was the lottery. It's ridiculous.
He'll be a good one, if he manages to change his mindset. - Danny