Re: speculation

> If the Bulls lose the title, I look for them to trade Pippin
> to Philly for Stackhouse and #2. Bad deal for Philly, though.
> The, Chicago will take Mercer (the next Pippin?), adding two offensive
> players, for one.
> That will free Boston to take Battie, if they want. I think there will
> be some "shakin'" as soon as the playoffs are over. Pitino is
> probably waiting, re: trading 3 and/or 6, until he sees what
> develops.
>
> If Chicago wins, hmm, not sure. More chance for breaking up the
> Bulls if they lose to Utah (go Utah!).
>
> Bob Strauss

	Here's some odd thoughts I'd been putting together in case the
Bulls lost the title.  NOTE:  I don't think this will happen, in fact,
I'd give it 999 of 1000 that it wont, but I'm exploring *plausibility*
here.  Feel free to comment.

  Chicago:
	Loses title, prompting major changes, some of which could happen
anyway.  Does not re-sign Rodman.  Trades Scotty Pippen, their #1 pick,
and the next years #1 to San Antonio for the #1 pick in the draft.  Then
trades the #1 pick and a garbage player to Boston for Dino Radja, #3, and
#6.
    Why:
     Chicago:  Radja replaces Rodman at PF, connects with Tony Kukoc.
Draft Mercer at #3 to replace Pippen at SF, and eventually Jordan as the
go-to guy.  Uses the #6 to get a new PG to eventually replace Harper.
     Boston:  Gets the #1 pick in the draft, drafts Duncan.  Gets some
salary relief with trading Dino.
     San Antonio:  One of the top 50 players of all time in Pippen.
(This is definitely the tough end of the deal)

	Anyway, this is something that I've been cooking up, waiting for
the draft to happen!!!  I think it is certainly *plausible*, although the
SanAnt end of it is tough.  I'd like to hear your comments about this
deal, or my sanity.  :)
- -d