> >I think the reason the 76ers would be interested in this is that they
want Mercer, not Battie. Mercer would be available with the 3rd pick if the
76ers make this trade and with the 6th pick they can grab a big man like
Foyle or Cato. Thats why I think we shouldn't make this deal if the reason
for it is that we want Battie, I think he'll be available for #3..

I think you are correct & Philly would rather have Mercer than Stackhouse,
but they need a big man & don't want to give the Celtics what they need
also.  No matter what Philly does we really can't be hurt.  We either get
Mercer or Battie, if the guru's think he can be a top NBA big man.