Re: Future moves coming ?

- --=_ORCL_12171856_0_11919707081214050
Content-Transfer-Encoding:7bit

> I don't think Grant is worth even $4m, we screamed about Dino and he had a
> better all around game then Grant.  I hate the idea of giving these
> unproven guys like Knight & Grant these big long term contracts, that is
> what got us into the mess we are in.

I disagree with you here, Grant plays defence, is a physical presence and is
not afraid to go inside. Unproven, no he has played three years at sacramento
and inspite of injuries last year where he could only play 24 games. Let's
compare Grant and McDyess while keeping
in mind that with a healthy Grant the Kings almost went to playoffs his first
year and made the playoffs the second year <so his stats are not padded>:

         GM  PPG  FG%    RPG BPG APG FT%
         --  ---  ---    --  --- --- ---
Grant :  182 13.4 50.1%  7.1 1.5 1.4 69.4.
McDyess: 150 15.8 47.3%  7.4 1.6 1.2 69.8

Now McDyess will demand 9-10 mill once he becomes an FA, folowing the
comparison Grant at 5 mill appears to be a bargain. We cribbed about Dino
because he wouldn't play any defence and if he scored 20 he would surrender
the same at the other end. If he played defence he would have teams lining up
to take him, his salary is not a concern, actually he is underpaid for a 20/10
player. The one reason the Kings don't want to give Grant the big bucks is
because they want to keep Mitch happy. Let me know what you all think.
                                       - Mishra

- --=_ORCL_12171856_0_11919707081214050