Re: Future moves coming ?

I believe Calipari would like to get rid of both Gatling & Williams, could
we give them Williams, Ellison, & Brown or Barros for Gatling & Williams ?
I doubt it.

I don't think Grant is worth even $4m, we screamed about Dino and he had a
better all around game then Grant.  I hate the idea of giving these
unproven guys like Knight & Grant these big long term contracts, that is
what got us into the mess we are in.

- ----------
> From: smishra <smishra@ix.netcom.com>
> To: JLyell <jlyell@concentric.net>
> Subject: Re: Future moves coming ?
> Date: Tuesday, July 08, 1997 1:08 AM
>
> Riley signed up Ike Austin  for 2 years. Jayson Williams will be a good
> aquisition but who can we give in a trade. Eric Williams is a possibility
but the Nets will probably play  Van Horn at SF and Gattling at PF, so why
would they need Williams unless as a 6th man. Another possibility is
Sacramento, from all indications Grant wants 7 mill/year contract while the
> Kings are willing to give him about 4 mill/year.  If  RP could negotiate
a two way deal with an offer of 5 mill/year to  Grant, where-in the Kings
who need a PG & an SF> sign Grant and trade him to C's in exchange for
Williams
> & Brown. I keep harping on Grant because:
> a) He comes cheaper than either Joe Smith or  McDyess
> b) He is a better rebounder than McDyess
> c) He is a physical presence in the paint unlike Joe Smith who doesn't
like to go inside
> d) His drawbacks are that he is offensively not as good as the other two
and  is coming of an injury

> With Grant at 4, our starting 5 of Billups, Mercer, Walker, Grant and
Knight will be able to outrun any team.
>                                                                 - Mishra

> > From: JLyell <jlyell@concentric.net>
> > To: smishra <smishra@ix.netcom.com>
> > Subject: Re: Future moves coming ?
> > Date: Tuesday, July 08, 1997 12:02 AM
> >
> > I haven't heard any.  I would hope Jayson Williams but we would have to
> > give up someone Calipari would want, they could be without a point so
> > Barros or Brown could be a possibility if he thinks they can play the
> > point.  Is Isaac Austin a free agent ?

- --=_ORCL_12171856_0_11919707081214050--