You've probably already read this, but...

Each loss is good news for Boston

By Frank Isola
Special to ESPNET SportsZone

The only thing worth rooting for in Boston these days (other than coach M.L.
Carr being fired) is for Tim Duncan to stay healthy.

At the rate the horrible and boring Celtics are going, they could be
mathematically eliminated from the playoffs in two weeks. And then the Tim
Duncan Watch can officially begin.

With a record of 6-22, all that separates Boston from the bottom of the heap
in the NBA is Vancouver. But since neither Toronto or Vancouver is eligible
to receive the top overall pick in the June NBA draft, the Celtics have the
inside track on finishing first in something.

Duncan, Wake Forest's All-America center, would be a good place for Boston
to begin its rebuilding phase.

Boston was the league's only winless road team until beating Denver on
Monday following 12 consecutive losses outside of the FleetCenter. The
Celtics have won just two times in their last 16 games, including a
triple-overtime decision against Toronto on Dec. 11.

On Saturday, the Kings crushed the Celtics 126-96 after building a 41-point
lead in the third quarter.

"This was an old-fashioned spanking," Carr said. "Obviously, we'd like to
have a better record. But Christmas is not a benchmark. Every game is a
benchmark. We need progress in every game we play."

Actually, the Celtics are doing just that.

Cheers,

	Michael