Re: Calling All Capologists

At  2:32 PM 97.1.5 +0000, Bill Cooper wrote:
>On Fri, 03 Jan 1997 21:47:43 -0500, you wrote:
>
>>2 questions for all you cap geniuses out there:
>>
>>1.  For how much longer is Stacey Augmon signed?  I like the Brown for
>>Augmon deal, but not if Augmon's contract is more of a millstone than
>>Dee's.  Maybe ML will play Augmon, Day, Minor, Barros and Fox together
>>-- the first all 2-guard lineup!
>
>Stacey Augmon is signed through the 99-2000 season.  Which is to say
>exactly the same length as Dee's contract.

In this case I wonder if we wouldn't simply be trading one problem for
another. Although I like Augmon, I also have to wonder why this guy ended
up in the doghouse in Atlanta, was traded to Detroit, ended up sitting on
the bench there and now might be up for trade to the Celts. I remember him
as a guy with potential, but I also remember Dee Brown as a guy with
potential. The main merit of this trade may simply be to give both guys a
change of scenary and a new start.

- -Marc