Re: ...

Jerry allan Lawson wrote:

>         Well, first of all Grant Hill is  considered a 3 like pippen, even
> though he can play the 2. Secondly, after seeing a few things on the t.v.
> last night, I feel that we should go after Duncan first and then Ray
> Mercer, who besides Duncan may be the best player in the draft, he is  a
> solid 2 and with former Kentucky star, Walker already in Boston, there is
> rumor that Pitino may join his former college stars as Coach of the celts
> next year, obviously this is just talk though.
>
>                                                 JerryWould that be the same Ray Mercer who is fancying himself as a contender
in the Heavyweight division?  I know you meant Ron Mercer.

Here's the thing that bugs me about the whole best athlete available
theory; Sometimes that player just does not fit into the team concept of
basketball.  For example, I do not think that Iverson should win the
Rookie of the Year because he's not the team player that say a Marbury
is, but he is a great athlete.  If the C's went on that premise, I'm not
sure that Larry Bird would have been selected in the first round because
surely, there were more athletic players than he.  I think you must weigh
the intangibles, which is where Bird was head & shoulders above the rest
of the class.

And Grant Hill could play for me anytime at the 2 position regardless of
any technicality!

Cecil