Re: ...

Jerry allan Lawson wrote:

> We need to keep Rick Fox, he can play well and wants to play for us.
> Secondly, we don't need a 2 guard. We have too many players making too
> much money who can take care of the position.

Hey Jerry, my friend.  Who do you consider as adequately "taking care of
the 2 position on the C's?  Minor is injured.  Day is inconsistent.  Fox,
though he has talent and heart, is far too slow when matched up against a
top 2 like Hill, Sprewell or even a rookie like Kittles or Ray Allen.  I
have been hoping to land Billups with that other pick because of his
versatility.  Teams have geared up to stop only him on the C.U. team all
year and still he finds a way to help his team win.  He isn't blessed
with the kind of teammates Mercer has, but he's performed at a very elite
level just the same.

We need another 4 and definitely Tim Duncan. He is definitely the best
player in the draft. He had something like 20 pts. 23 REBOUNDS and like 3
blocks the other night. That is unbelievable even for a center in
college.
>     Yeah, he was almost "Russellesque", wasn't he?  I too hope the C's can
somehow unload some of the deadwood and maybe land a Baker or a Joe Smith
through the work of the shamrock.