Re: WALKER, ETC.

Dorine Pratt wrote:

> I agree about Walker, he needs to be more unselfish to make his team
> better.  He's trying to do it all, and even though he shot better last
> night, he still keeps the ball too much.  As for Dana, I believe he's
> playing very well right now, and Cousy sure thinks so.  Also, I think
> Cousy acknowledges Billups is improving.  I guess when you were one of
> the best point guards to ever play the game you would be critical of
> those who don't do it as well as they should.  Makes sense to me!
>
> As for Mercer, I quite agree he's going to be the real star of this
> team.  He's quiet, doesn't blow his own horn, but have heard some of the
> other Celtics say he's "A very special player".  I also like Walter.
> Not only does he get it done in all departments, but he has that special
> love of playing the game - the enthusiasm that's very hard to find these
> days.  He's a spark plug, his attitude is catching, I think, he gets the
> others fired up.  You can't put a price tag on that.  He's so much fun
> to watch, because of that enthusiasm.  And Bowen, IMO, is a wonderful
> defender and can also shoot.  We need a good, quality center, I believe
> we all agree on that, but I wouldn't want to give up on some of these
> guys for anybody, we've seen them improve already and they will get
> better - they're so young.  I remember everyone talking about patience,
> and acknowledging they wouldn't win many games but they'd be fun to
> watch.  I think we all have to remember the patient part, they've
> already won more games than anyone thought they would.  Let's give them
> time to mature, and get the experience.  They have a great team attitude
> and chemistry.  I, for one, would not like to see that changed
> drastically.
>
> Happy New Year, everyone!
> Dorine

fantastic post and I agree about what you said about Walter. My post
saying that he was only a cap filler was in the sense of his contract
$$$ and trade-ability. I certainly hope that they dont get rid of him as
he makes me think of someone that could be used as the 'Danny Ainge'
role off of the bench in the future and be a really big key.

Whats this about Issac Austin, ESPN's Tate George was talking about the
trade that is going to happen first thing Monday morning?

I never saw the game, although my mum did call me down but I just missed
it. Apparently its a 3-way trade involving Sacramento.

I can only think of this deal that Miami would settle on.

Celtics get- Austin, Gamble, Askins
Miami get- Richmond, Knight,
Kings get- Lenard, Minor, Celtics #1

I'm sure Pitino has enough brains to make sure Austin will re-sign ala
Chapman.

Warwick