WALKER, ETC.

I agree about Walker, he needs to be more unselfish to make his team
better.  He's trying to do it all, and even though he shot better last
night, he still keeps the ball too much.  As for Dana, I believe he's
playing very well right now, and Cousy sure thinks so.  Also, I think
Cousy acknowledges Billups is improving.  I guess when you were one of
the best point guards to ever play the game you would be critical of
those who don't do it as well as they should.  Makes sense to me!

As for Mercer, I quite agree he's going to be the real star of this
team.  He's quiet, doesn't blow his own horn, but have heard some of the
other Celtics say he's "A very special player".  I also like Walter.
Not only does he get it done in all departments, but he has that special
love of playing the game - the enthusiasm that's very hard to find these
days.  He's a spark plug, his attitude is catching, I think, he gets the
others fired up.  You can't put a price tag on that.  He's so much fun
to watch, because of that enthusiasm.  And Bowen, IMO, is a wonderful
defender and can also shoot.  We need a good, quality center, I believe
we all agree on that, but I wouldn't want to give up on some of these
guys for anybody, we've seen them improve already and they will get
better - they're so young.  I remember everyone talking about patience,
and acknowledging they wouldn't win many games but they'd be fun to
watch.  I think we all have to remember the patient part, they've
already won more games than anyone thought they would.  Let's give them
time to mature, and get the experience.  They have a great team attitude
and chemistry.  I, for one, would not like to see that changed
drastically.

Happy New Year, everyone!
Dorine