Re: Billups/Sprewell and more

	I have obviously misstyped my thoughts.  I am definately not saying that
Sprewell has no responsibility for his actions.  What I am trying to say is
that maybe with a different coach, he would be fine.  I wasn't aware of
past problems with him, but it sounds like there certainly was some.  I was
just pondering if maybe he could help us.  I'm sorry and I know it is sad,
but there are many, many more players in the NBA and all of sports who are
drug addicts and thugs.  But to win today, sometimes you have to take these
guys (Albert Belle & Dennis Rodman & Leon Lett).  I'm not saying we should
take Spree, but I was just wondering if it would help us.  Just look at
Lawrence Phillips.  Should he be playing professional football?  Hell no!
Look at how many chances that guy has gotten.  Yet I just read he was
offered a contract by Miami.  What I was saying about PJ, is that guys like
Tim Hardaway and Rod Strickland, to my knowledge, haven't had problems
except with PJ.  I apologize if I offended anyone with my misunderstood
coments.

						Erik

> Are you saying that Sprewell has no responsibilty for his behavior?  Did
PJ
> "make" Sprewell assualt him?  You seem to ignore that what he did is
criminal
> behavior.  If I were PJ, I would have a warrant sworn out on him.  Your
> statement is the type of excuses made for athletes that creates this type
of
> arrogance.  Sprewell should be in jail right now.  His behavior can not
be
> blamed on PJ, no matter what an ass he is.  I hope you really don't mean
this.
> If you mean to say that PJ is an ass and can't get along with players,
that may
> be true.  But that doesn't justify two (2) physical attacks on your head
coach.

> When my children tell me that they "hit" their brother or sister because
of
> what the other did, I end that line of thought and tell them, that they
are
> responsible for their own behavior regardless of what the brother/sister
did.
> I think that is true for Sprewell as well.  I do not think that we should
> justify any of his behavior by saying that PJ "made" him do it.
>
> I believe that Sprewell must have some significant underlying emotional
or
> behavioral problem and this is just a syptom of his problem.  That
doesn't mean
> that PJ is "OK" because I don't know him at all.  But, I think Sprewell
has
> some problem that runs deeper than we know.  Someone had a post about
Hardaway
> saying he wants to stay away from Sprewell, is there a source for that
and what
> is that history.
>
> Earlier tonight, I made reference to the Celtics have a history of
"saving"
> players who have a reputation as being "problems."  I mentioned DJ and
Chief.